Sunday, April 14, 2013

Three Black and Whites

For some reason, black and white patterny art appeals to me. It doesn't have to be representative at all, and I have spent entire years with a practice of doing patterny little squares. I get completely mesmerized and lost in the process of creating these images. They are a meditation in themselves to me. I often just start without having a clue to where I am going, as was the case with the two on the left. The turtle I had to draw first. These are a few more in the series I sent to Keri at the Giftwrap Co. Wondering if the appeal to the art director has anything to do when work comes right out of my soul.  It is complete nature, my nature.

It is these types of images that I wish I could do most of the time. I used to keep a sketchbook by my couch where I would do them every night for a little while. While I don't find them challenging, I think they are comforting and pleasurable to make. They are rhythmic, repetitive, and go at a pace that is agreeable to me.